Mardis Gras is over and we are now approaching Lent, It really had me thinking through the habits in my own life, both the good and bad, and the lack thereof. Instead of giving up chips or chocolate, I decided that I would add 10 small habits to avoid stress, increase peace, and maintain a healthy life.
- The Morning Alarm: I am THE WORSE morning riser EVER!!! I will hit the snooze button until I have 15 minutes to get Corah & I ready. My new habit is setting the alarm 30 minutes before I have to get up and ease into the morning. Stop the morning rush and the anxiety of “Am I going to be late?” I want to have extra time with Corah in the mornings, not eating breakfast in the car and actually being able to drink coffee before it gets cold.
- Meditation/Prayer Time: 5-10 minutes of time of relaxation and daily prayers. I believe this is a very important step in achieving a healthy balance in your body, mind and soul.
3. DRINK WATER!!!! I can go through an entire day without drinking water. I know, it’s bad! I will drink 4 cups a coffee, maybe some mineral water or an orange soda and then transition to a glass of wine. So I am making an effort to carry a water bottle with me and created alarms on my fitbit to get AT LEAST 8 cups a day.
4. Toning: 10-20 minutes of toning everyday. Right now it’s squats, arms and crunches while catching up on my shows. Cannot go to bed without at least 10 minutes!
5. Meal Planning: I hate cooking but has to be done.
6. One on One Time: Spending more one on one time with Corah. I feel life gets in way and before you know it you’ve been cleaning, working, laundry and it’s bedtime and I lost time that I could’ve spent with her. Time is precious and I am not going to waste it.
7. Reading: Even if it’s for 5 minutes.
8. Clean Space: Try to keep things tidy ( which is a challenge being in a small space)
9. Daily Planner: Even if it’s for 5 minutes.
10. Go to Bed BEFORE 11:30: I’m serious Netflix!
Hello everyone! To celebrate Valentine’s Day, I am listing my top 14 things I love.
- Forrest Gump is my favorite movie. Who doesn’t love Tom Hanks?
- I love how Corah sees the world, everything is beautiful.
- Favorite store is Free People
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE coffee
- Sneakers! I’m a sneaker snob and I have a problem with Vans. I own at least 20 pairs. Plus Corah is building herself a nice collection.
- When my apartment is actually CLEAN!!
- When Corah thinks it’s funny to give wet hugs after bath time
- Creating and designing
- Lipstick addict! I currently have 5 lipsticks in my purse! It’s a problem but you never know when you will need a color change on the go.
- How Corah wants to cuddle all the time.
- My favorite color is black. Anything that is blacked out I want lol.
- My crazy family
Hello, remember that time when I used to blog? Well, I am back! This year I am focusing on what inspires me. What inspires me is design. I love designing spaces and I am OBSESSED with fashion. So lately I have been going through Pinterest for new interior ideas. My style is bohemian, eclectic, 1970’s, rustic & edgy. These are some of my favorite pics that inspire me.
I am sorry for being so far behind, I have been recovering from the flu. Now all better so let’s do this! So if you can’t tell, I love black and white. I think black, light gray, medium gray, dark gray and white are probably my favorite colors lol. This time of year is one my favorites because I love being outside with the kiddo, playing bubbles and soaking up the sun. So for these occasions I love having a good throw to sit on when I am out at a park or listening to music at an outdoor concert. I have cute memories of when Corah was a baby, laying out on a blanket outside, soaking up some rays in the park. Love those sweet mommy and baby memories. What’s great about a nice throw is how versatile it is. Snuggle in it when it’s cold, lay on it when it’s warm. These are my favorite throws. I personally have the top left throw from Target, it’s reversible, which makes it even better! Enjoy!
Click Here for #1. Click Here for #2. Click Here for #3. Click Here for #4.
Spring is here. Time to dust off your cute sandals, shorts and making your pedicure is in check. These are my favorite go to’s on the weekends. Being a mom, I want something that’s easy, cute and budget friendly. It can be done, here is a favorite weekend out for spring outfit.
- Rompers are a HUGE trend for spring and summer. I am slightly curvy after having my kiddo, so I never thought I could pull off a romper. One day, I saw a romper that was just too cute to pass up, so tried it on for grins and giggles and my eyes went HUGE!!! I LOVED IT!!! So I am now on this romper rampage. And soooo comfy!!! Click Here for this romper.
- I had to throw in the mineral water. I am always drinking it and makes you feel fancy while keeping you hydrated. Throw in some lime to make it extra refreshing. As I am writing this I have a small bottle next to me that I am currently drinking. I have a mineral water problem lol.
- Can’t go wrong with a good hat. Being a mom, 9 times out of 10, I live off of dry shampoo. So those days when hair is that “mom hair” or just feeling cute or both, I love a good fedora. Blocks the sun too. Click Here for this black fedora.
- Another new obsession: Gladiator Shoes! I scored this pair at TARGET!! And they go with EVERYTHING!! They are a must. I get compliments on them everywhere I go. They also come in brown too. Click Here for sandals.
Hello Everyone! So today marks the first day to my “Friday Favorites!” I’m so excited!!!!! So in this new, weekly feature, I will be showing my go to favorites that I absolutely, cannot live without. If you don’t know me, I am a HUGE sneaker maniac! It is a problem. My go to sneakers are Vans. Vans have been that edgy, make a statement, fun, cool shoe. So it made sense for my first Friday Favorites to open with Vans. It’s fun when being a mom because I am now dressing my daughter in Vans. We are a little Vans family. She has had 4 pairs already, and these shoes are indestructible, even for a toddler! So enough of me chit chatting it up, Let’s Do This!
- Vans is currently celebrating their 50th Anniversary! So they came out with a special line to celebrate. My FAVORITE color combination is Black & Gold. So when I saw they came out with their classic black & white and threw some gold, of course I had to get them. Click Here for link.
- So if you don’t know, I have always been obsessed with Disney & mermaids. So when I heard Vans were doing a Disney line, I freaked! My favorite movie of course is The Little Mermaid, so had to put these Ariel shoes into my collection. Who doesn’t want to bust out “Part of your World” when wearing these?! Click Here for link.
- I can’t get over how cute these are!!! So I let my daughter (most of the time) pick out her clothes and shoes. As a mom, I feel it’s important for to embrace her style and have confidence, even when she’s 3 years old. So I took Corah to the Vans store to get some new shoes, she IMMEDIATELY snatched up the donut shoes! Since she got them that girl has not taken them off. The first night she wore them to bed!! They are so stinkin cute! They also have them in adult sizes too. Click Here for link.
- These are straight up awesome! I got my Hawaiian Vans last summer for my birthday and they are for sure my go to summer shoes. They are bright, cool, fun, kick a** shoes! They are the true Vans statement shoes. Fits like all the other Sk8 Hi shoes. Still one of their top sellers. You will see me sporting them at the grocery store, the park, a concert & everywhere else. These are a MUST! Click Here for link.
So there you have it, my first Friday Favorites. I hope you enjoyed it and look out for the next one. If you have suggestions, please please please send them my way. Thanks and Much Love xoxoxo.