Mardis Gras is over and we are now approaching Lent, It really had me thinking through the habits in my own life, both the good and bad, and the lack thereof. Instead of giving up chips or chocolate, I decided that I would add 10 small habits to avoid stress, increase peace, and maintain a healthy life.
- The Morning Alarm: I am THE WORSE morning riser EVER!!! I will hit the snooze button until I have 15 minutes to get Corah & I ready. My new habit is setting the alarm 30 minutes before I have to get up and ease into the morning. Stop the morning rush and the anxiety of “Am I going to be late?” I want to have extra time with Corah in the mornings, not eating breakfast in the car and actually being able to drink coffee before it gets cold.
- Meditation/Prayer Time: 5-10 minutes of time of relaxation and daily prayers. I believe this is a very important step in achieving a healthy balance in your body, mind and soul.
3. DRINK WATER!!!! I can go through an entire day without drinking water. I know, it’s bad! I will drink 4 cups a coffee, maybe some mineral water or an orange soda and then transition to a glass of wine. So I am making an effort to carry a water bottle with me and created alarms on my fitbit to get AT LEAST 8 cups a day.
4. Toning: 10-20 minutes of toning everyday. Right now it’s squats, arms and crunches while catching up on my shows. Cannot go to bed without at least 10 minutes!
5. Meal Planning: I hate cooking but has to be done.
6. One on One Time: Spending more one on one time with Corah. I feel life gets in way and before you know it you’ve been cleaning, working, laundry and it’s bedtime and I lost time that I could’ve spent with her. Time is precious and I am not going to waste it.
7. Reading: Even if it’s for 5 minutes.
8. Clean Space: Try to keep things tidy ( which is a challenge being in a small space)
9. Daily Planner: Even if it’s for 5 minutes.
10. Go to Bed BEFORE 11:30: I’m serious Netflix!